Based in Paris, France and reporting to the CEO, in a small, high performing company focused on building the largest global gay community of travelers.
We are looking for a high-performing Business Development Manager to help us meet our and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. You will be responsible for maximizing our sales potential in the field of advertising, digital consulting, and event management.
We are a global media network dedicated to the LGBTQ Community with two different branches:
- Hospitality : misterb&b is the world’s largest short term rental marketplace dedicated to the Gay community with 130,000 hosts over 135 countries. misterb&b was founded in 2014 and participated in Batch 12 of one of the top accelerator programs in the world, 500 startups. A team of 35 highly involved staff members work for misterb&b across our 3 offices: Los Angeles, Paris, and Lima.
- Advertising sales : we are helping brands to target the LGBTQ market through our media, strategic recommandation/consulting and events (street marketing, pride)
- Develop offers to advertisers (online web + mobile actions, print ad in our magazine, consulting offer about LGBTQ market, street marketing actions)
- Design and implement sales action plans, that expands company’s customer base and ensure it’s strong presence on national and international markets
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets within schedule
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customer
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling, BtoB meetings, attending trade fairs, and permanent pro-active competitor monitoring
- Close business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting and positive customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding target
- Experience in media outlets and/or travel industry is a plus.
- Excellent communication and written skills in French and English
- Highly motivated and target driven in sales, directly accountable to your goals and able to reach them
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Outgoing personality and like interacting with people with a positive attitude
- You’re excited about the chance to get in on the ground floor of one of the fastest growing startups in the gay market