Based in Paris, France and reporting to the CEO, this is a high profile role in a small, high performing company focused on building the largest global gay community of travelers. Delivering the best customer experience is a core component of our strategy and it's up the product manager to help shepherd this vision. To do so, the person in this role will need to internalize and deeply understand our mission, strategy, & community. There's an enormous opportunity to lead a product through its lifecycle, grow professionally, and work with a truly awesome team.
The core role of this position is to ensure misterb&b apps (web and mobile) are optimized for customer satisfaction and revenue generation
As we are a startup, this job requires both strategic and tactical skills, focus and efforts: from understanding product requirements, documenting and communicating them, and then ensuring quality delivery.
- Create a less reactive and more proactive strategic product direction
- Specify Business requirements and work with tech team to deliver with quality
- Gather ideas from inside the company and from the community on ways to improve the process of booking travel, creating a listing, providing reviews and other key use cases
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Working with UX consultants, improve UX
- Document and communicate functional requirements to tech team
- Design and execute A/B testing to improve customer satisfaction and revenue generation
- Help prioritize bug fixes and functional improvements
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- 5 years experience in some combination of Product Marketing/Management and UX
- Specialized in high traffic, multilingual e-commerce websites. Travel industry a plus.
- Good programing understanding. Experience in coding a plus.
- Experienced in A/B or multivariable testing
- Enjoy a fast-paced startup environment and are a “startup-person”: hands-on, proactive, sees their role as more than just a job, you do not hesitate to get your hands dirty and do whatever necessary to ensure success, you to take the ball and run with it while providing relevant check-ins with stakeholders
- Outstanding english language oral and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills and comfort with analytics
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Enough technical chops to garner respect from engineers — be it from a background in engineering, recent dev bootcamp experience, side projects, or just a lot of experience working with engineers
- Experience making decisions using the full spectrum of available data — gut instinct, qualitative, quantitative, and analytics — and the judgment to weight the data sources depending on the context and application
- Directly accountable to your goals and able to reach them
- Self motivated - researching trends is part of your normal routine
- Strong opinions on UX and a general passion for design - you know what works, what doesn't, and why
misterb&b is the world’s largest short term rental marketplace dedicated to the Gay community with 100,000 hosts over 135 countries. misterb&b was founded in 2014 and participated in Batch 12 of one of the top accelerator programs in the world, 500 startups. A team of 25 highly involved staff members work for misterb&b across our 3 offices: Los Angeles, Paris, and Lima.
We help the global Gay community experience the world feeling welcome everywhere they are, providing ways to connect with others at home and around the world. misterb&b is opening up more possibilities for travelers and more business for renters. We're a game-changing startup.