Based in Paris, France and reporting to the CEO, this is a high profile role in a small, high performing company focused on building the largest global gay community of travelers. Delivering the best customer experience is a core component of our strategy and it's up the Data Hacker to help shepherd this vision. To do so, the person in this role will need to internalize and deeply understand our mission, strategy, & community. There's an enormous opportunity to provide meaningful insights that improve our services, grow professionally, and work with a truly awesome team.
The core role of this position is, working with multiple data sources, to derive business intelligence helping drive product, sales, and marketing decisions. For example:
- Help us better understand how/if we influence booking decisions so we can better develop inventory to match demand
- Better understand what is driving repeat business so we can encourage more
- Report insights via visualization and dashboards
- As we are a startup, this job requires both strategic and tactical skills, focus and efforts.
- Hands on with raw data, validating data replication & accuracy across all analytics tools & intelligence platforms
- Proactively perform data exploration to discover opportunities for improving our algorithms & marketing campaigns
- Oversee the ongoing development and operations of an operational data store and enterprise data warehouse
- Develop and manage marketing attribution data integration & visualization
- Build models & analyze cohorts to understand how users interact with misterb&b & predict the effect of business decisions on revenue & growth
- Understand user trends & characteristics to develop customer profiles & actionable insights to support favorable user behavior
- Calculate & forecast customer lifetime value models
- Develop churn models for both sides of the marketplace
- Evangelizing analysis best-practices
Knowledge of the following platforms
- Database: postgreSQL
- Google Analytics, KissMetrics, Mixpanel, Adobe Analytics, Appsflyer, Firebase, etc
- Cloud BI such as Yellowfin, Sage Live, RJ Metrics Magento, bi360, looker, etc
- ESP - Email & Push notification software
- A degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- 2-4+ years of industry analytics experience with proven business impact
- Outstanding english language oral and written communication skills
- Analytical Skills: A major part of the job is to determine what data trends mean. Being able to analyze the data is crucial
- Communication Skills: Once the data is analyzed communicate findings to the company
- Time Management: Work on large projects and many data streams and many deadlines. Being able to juggle it all is crucial to the job
- General understanding & familiarity with common statistical methods such as multiple regression, spatial statistics, time-series analysis
- Experience making decisions using the full spectrum of available data — gut instinct, qualitative, quantitative, and analytics — and the judgment to weight the data sources depending on the context and application
- Enjoy fast-paced startup environment and are a “startup-person”: hands-on, proactive, sees their role as more than just a job, you do not hesitate to get your hands dirty and do whatever necessary to ensure success, you to take the ball and run with it while providing relevant check-ins with stakeholders
- Passion for and extensive experience in conducting empirical research and answering hard questions with data
- Enough technical chops to garner respect from engineers — be it from a background in engineering, recent dev bootcamp experience, side projects, or just a lot of experience working with engineers
misterb&b is the world’s largest short term rental marketplace dedicated to the Gay community with 100,000 hosts over 135 countries. misterb&b was founded in 2014 and participated in Batch 12 of one of the top accelerator programs in the world, 500 startups. A team of 25 highly involved staff members work for misterb&b across our 3 offices: Los Angeles, Paris, and Lima.
We help the global Gay community experience the world feeling welcome everywhere they are, providing ways to connect with others at home and around the world. misterb&b is opening up more possibilities for travelers and more business for renters. We're a game-changing startup.