Based in West LA and reporting to the Chief Content Officer, this is a high profile role in a small, high performing company focused on building the largest global gay community of travelers. Delivering the best customer experience is a core component of our strategy and it's up to the Community Manager to help shepherd this vision. To do so, the person in this role will need to internalize and deeply understand our mission, strategy, & community. There's an enormous opportunity to help improve our services, grow professionally, and work with a truly awesome team.
You will create, nurture, and maintain our community building upon our growing global base of hosts and travelers. You will engage with our community both online and offline. Your main objective is to ensure everyone has a positive brand experience. Based on listening to the community, you’ll advocate product changes to improve the customer experience. Travel to our global top cities is a crucial component of this position.
Nurturing Power Hosts and ensuring they are happy
- Managing onboarding of hosts
- Managing and tracking the Power Host program
- Incentive hosts to use our referral program
Developing New Hosts in Target Cities
- Organizing meetups : misterb&b conducts “meetups” in new cities and large cities. Working with an intern, you’ll plan and host them around the world, partnering with local gay businesses
- Developing Local offline and event partnerships
Leveraging Social Media
- Creating special events and promotions content
- Working with the Customer Experience team, respond to community questions (not related to customer support) on in our feeds and help build expertise and shifts in product/content to help alleviate the questions before the occur.
- Scanning and react to blog posts, forums, etc.
- Sourcing “content leads” for Content Group
Growing our bank of community stories and influencers
- Identifying compelling stories as you interact with the community, to be shared thru our newsletter, social media, short videos, etc.
- Identifying and engaging advocates within the community
- Identifying the best experiences our community can offer (gay city tours, cooking classes, ..) in our top cities and helping make them available on misterb&b
- Background: Community Management, Community Building, Communication & Writing Skills, Creativity, Community Engagement, Event Planning, Local Marketing, Event Management, Community Outreach, Onboarding
- You have excellent communication and written skills — you’ll be the point person with our community
- You are an outgoing personality and like interacting with the public - you make people comfortable
- You are empathetic — you can relate to our users and are eager to evangelize new features and fixes, and educate users
- You’re a Go Getter — you never say no to a challenge and you’re willing to do a wide spectrum of tasks if needed
- You are ambitious and smart with a positive attitude.
- You’re excited about the chance to get in on the ground floor of one of the fastest growing startups in the gay market
- You have a passion for storytelling inspiring people by sharing our brand’s promise & experience
- Being a misterb&b host and being passionate about misterb&b is a huge plus
- 3+ years experience in Community Management
- Undergraduate degree in communication, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related fields
misterb&b is the world’s largest short term rental marketplace dedicated to the Gay community with 100,000 hosts over 135 countries. misterb&b was founded in 2014 and participated in Batch 12 of one of the top accelerator programs in the world, 500 startups. A team of 25 highly involved staff members work for misterb&b across our 3 offices: Los Angeles, Paris, and Lima.
We help the global Gay community experience the world feeling welcome everywhere they are, providing ways to connect with others at home and around the world. misterb&b is opening up more possibilities for travelers and more business for renters. We're a game-changing startup.